|The glass widows in the front provided an gorgeous view of the ocean.|
Next we took a glass bottom boat ride over the reef area and saw lots of fish and interesting coral. I took a dip in the South Pacific Ocean. Such beautiful water! I was going to post a picture of me in the water, but me in a bathing suit… it’s just not a pretty sight.
|View of part of the resort from our glass bottom boat ride. We were on the 3rd floor of the building to the right.|
A few words about Grand Circle… This has been a great experience for me. I can see why Bonnie has chosen to travel with this company for several of her trips. They planned a packed itinerary for us with a total of 7 flights. All went smoothly without a glitch. As you can see from the pictures, we had great accommodations with wonderful views. The cultural exchanges were interesting and enriching. But most impressive was our tour guide, Lynda Keene. Being a native of New Zealand and part Maori, she had so much insight into the indigenous cultures on our tour. She was upbeat and made every effort to meet our needs as they arose. She provided so many little extras throughout the trip. Although she hasn’t spent time in the classroom, she is a true teacher.
|Bonnie, Lynda, Little Brownie & Sheila, at our farewell dinner|
- Our dinner at the ranch in Cairns
- The Opera House experience and harbor cruise in Sydney
- Spending time with our new friends, Ann and Lynn, in Christchurch
- The glorious beauty of the Queenstown to Milford Sound bus ride and cruise
- Our chance at the helm sailing in Auckland
- The cultural experience with the villagers and school children in Fiji
|Parting shot in Fiji as we headed to the airport.|